City orders removal of ‘naughty’ Christmas tree

City orders removal of ‘naughty’ Christmas tree

G-RATED CHRISTMAS: A Christmas tree that was previously adorned with red sex toys is displayed in a street, in Milan, Italy, Friday, Dec. 13. The provocatively adorned Christmas tree was just too naughty for Milan city officials, who ordered it denuded of its racy red sex toys. Photo: Associated Press

MILAN (AP) — A provocatively adorned outdoor Christmas tree in central Milan, Italy was just too naughty for city officials, who have ordered it denuded of its racy red sex toys.

The city said in an order that the Christmas season, “qualifying as a holiday for children and families, requires sobriety in urban decorations,” in particular when using “traditional symbols that distinguish Christmas.”

Norma Rossetti, who launched an Italian sex toy e-commerce website this year, said Friday she complied immediately with the order.

She defended the so-called “Tree of Pleasure,” saying the objects chosen were elegant and not obviously X-rated. She said her goal is to break down taboos by making sex toys “completely normal everyday objects. ”

Rossetti acknowledged some complaints, but said most passers-by during the one-day display were enthusiastic.

Recent Headlines

in Entertainment

Cosby to be deposed in sexual abuse lawsuit


Bill Cosby was expected to testify under oath in a lawsuit brought by a woman accusing the veteran comedian of sexual abuse.

in Entertainment

OPENING WEEKEND: Biopic ‘Steve Jobs’ competes against ‘Pan,’ ‘The Walk’


Here's a look at the movies set to open nationwide this weekend.

in Viral Videos

WATCH: Soldier breaks rank to hug daughter at homecoming


Top brass at a Colorado Army post are all smiles after a 2-year-old girl interrupted a general's speech to dash across the room and hug her dad, who had just come home from a nine-month deployment.

in Entertainment

‘Ant-Man’ sequel and three more Marvel movies are coming


The superhero universe will add three more as of yet unnamed movies by 2020.

in Entertainment

Carlton says there won’t be a ‘Fresh Prince’ reboot


Alfonso Ribeiro is adamant there will never be a TV reboot of "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air," because no one can take the place of their "cornerstone" James Avery.